Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Quebec Biere order for Ottawa area

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

nickelass
Bar Fly

Quebec Biere order for Ottawa area

Post by nickelass »

If anyone in Ottawa is interested in joining in on the order I'm going to be placing I will be quite happy to split some cases to get more variety.
http://www.quebecbiere.info/Default.aspx
Let me know if you're interested.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

Sure, sounds good. PM me with what you are looking into and we can work something out.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Sounds good, PM me too!

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I'm interested.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

make us jealous!

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

I'm assuming they will only deliver to Quebec? Do they deliver to a Quebec SAQ or a residence?
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Yes, it's done through the SAQ. Same deal as LCBO private orders. We'll have to hop across the bridge to pick up the goodies.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Yup, I'll take care of that part. If anyone has any special requests please let me know. So far there has been expressed interest in the Faro, St Bernardus 12, Rochefort 10 and some 3 Fontaine products. I've recently had a chance to try the Boon Old Gueze which was pretty good and I wouldn't mind getting some more.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

We have both Rochefort 10 and St. Bernardus Abt 12 on order and are taking reservations. R10 will be here first (probably by late April) along with R8, Achel Blond, Achel Bruin and Achel Extra (we're sold out of R6). Also just received a shipment of Chimay Red, Chimay Blue and Chimay Grande Reserve Magnums which are just working their way through the system and should hopefully be released next week.
We're also bringing in some St. B Tripel as well as their great Witbier.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Ouuuu St. B Wit, thanks esprit!

I'd suggest getting things other than Rochefort 10 and St. Benardus Abt 12, or at least I would sit it out if those were in the order. I'll have to take another look at the site tonight and make my choices.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

esprit wrote:Also just received a shipment of Chimay Red, Chimay Blue and Chimay Grande Reserve Magnums which are just working their way through the system and should hopefully be released next week.
A lot of great beer sthere Peter. I'll send you an email for some pricing on Grande Reserve Magnums, as I was just wondering about getting some.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Just a heads up to anyone else that is interested in this beer order. The order will most likely be placed at some point next week.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Okay so the order has been placed, and we're looking at splitting 3 cases between 3 of us I believe.

3 Fontaine Kriek
3 Fontaine Gueze
Lindemans Faro

I also ordered a case of the Abbaye des Rocs Brune which I would be happy to split if anyone is interested.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/abbaye-des-rocs-brune/832/

And also a case of Belle-vue Kriek for my mum which is half spoken for but the rest is up for grabs. They mentioned that they're actually ahead of the game and we could actually see the beer in September which is much better than November! I'll keep this updated as we go on.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Update time : Confirmed today that the beer is on it's final stages to be shipped to Canada. Looks like it's going to come in earlier then thought.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

nickelass wrote:Update time : Confirmed today that the beer is on it's final stages to be shipped to Canada. Looks like it's going to come in earlier then thought.
Great! It will be nice to have some Faro for the summer, especially considering the LCBO decided to not bother with beer this summer. (Although I may still be tempted to rent a truck and pick up the entire Ottawa ST IPA shipment if it shows up before the snow arrives.)