Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ottawa Tasting #2

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pushkinwow

Ottawa Tasting #2

Post by pushkinwow »

So I know March 17th and 24th have been thrown out for a tasting - I am happy to host for either date but would like to know the interest for each and maybe figure things out. Thoughts?

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

I can't make it on the 17th, but the 24th works for me.

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

The 24th would be better for me too, as I will also be away on the 17th.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

24th it is then!

Awesome. Whats the theme?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

24th should be good for me as well

probstk

Post by probstk »

Either date is good so far.

probstk

Post by probstk »

iguenard wrote:24th it is then!

Awesome. Whats the theme?
"Beers we want to share"...?

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

I think Ian was wondering if we were going to attempt a tasting based on style, or a single brewery.

probstk

Post by probstk »

Zuma wrote:I think Ian was wondering if we were going to attempt a tasting based on style, or a single brewery.
I got that. My response was meant to be cheeky.

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

So 24th it is - open to whatever for a theme...lol - everyone should have to bring a different malt liquor :evil:

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

pushkinwow wrote:So 24th it is - open to whatever for a theme...lol - everyone should have to bring a different malt liquor :evil:
Oh man I'm coming down from Timmins for this one!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

I may be getting some unreleased bottles of the Unibroue 17 aged on dark cherries for this tasting :)

I'll know tomorrow.

That or/and some unreleased DDC stuff.

So Karl's suggestion of "whatever we wanna share" could work just fine also.

probstk

Post by probstk »

iguenard wrote:I may be getting some unreleased bottles of the Unibroue 17 aged on dark cherries for this tasting :)

I'll know tomorrow.

That or/and some unreleased DDC stuff.

So Karl's suggestion of "whatever we wanna share" could work just fine also.
That was kind of a joke brought on by being self-conscious of my cellar selection. I'd do my best to fulfill a "theme", but couldn't necessarily match the offerings of some of the more hardcore beer geeks in O-town and the G-spot.

Now that I've got that off my chest, hot DAMN. Those sound like some great and interesting beers.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Damn, I am now super jealous. 17 aged on dark cherries sounds incredible.

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

andrewrg wrote:Damn, I am now super jealous. 17 aged on dark cherries sounds incredible.
Have to agree that does sound pretty tasty - and I for one am happy to just share tasty beer - doesn't need to be limited or rare - just good company and good beer.

So why don't we just say beer people want to bring and is tasty...I am sure I have some stuff downstairs that fits that bill.

PS: I still think we need to have a tasting that is limited to N/A and malt liquor. To make it more genuine we could have a blind tasting of the malt liquor with each bottle placed in paper bags.