Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ballast point in Syracuse

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Ballast point in Syracuse

Post by spinrsx »

saw this on party sources facebook page

"Now on the shelves is Ballast Point Brewing Company. New to the Syracuse market out of San Diego, we have Victory at Sea an Imperial Porter as well as the Sculpin IPA"

with this and alesmith now in syracuse, we're pretty set with good IPA's

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

spinrsx wrote:saw this on party sources facebook page

"Now on the shelves is Ballast Point Brewing Company. New to the Syracuse market out of San Diego, we have Victory at Sea an Imperial Porter as well as the Sculpin IPA"

with this and alesmith now in syracuse, we're pretty set with good IPA's
Yep, they're in Buffalo as well. Unsure about Rochester.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

That's amesome news

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

They were on tap in tiny Vermont so it makes sense that they're making a push to the east.

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

Sculpin fresh is delicious but it definitely loses some of its appeal the longer away from bottling date (although I am one of those people who sometimes enjoy an aged DIPA so it can be good IMHO). The Porter is pretty tasty as well.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Where in Buffalo? Any place I asked they had no plans on carrying Ballast Point.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

sprague11 wrote:Where in Buffalo? Any place I asked they had no plans on carrying Ballast Point.
It *just* arrived. Pizza Plant had the first keg of Sculpin on earlier this week. Coles has an event tonight with Sculpin & Victory at Sea. I know Consumers has received bottles but I don't think they've left the warehouse yet - they should be getting out to the stores in the next few days. I'd imagine Premier and VBM will have them asap as well.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Good to hear. I have to get down there in the next couple weeks so hopefully they'll be out around the same time.

FWIW Pizza Plant had Bourbon County Stout on tap last time I was in town. Really love that new location (though making a left turn back onto transit is an exercise in patience).
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

Would expect that Premier will stock it when it's available....was there last weekend and didn't see any, though. Love the Sculpin! :)

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Both Village Beer locations have it, according to their twitter. Wish I could make it down. I've only had Sculpin a few days away from the BB date, and it was still quite good. Victory At Sea is amazing, one of the best smelling beers I've had.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

premier tweeted earlier today about having BP scuplin on tap, so i'd expect bottles are either there or soon behind.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

Yep, Premier do (or at least did) have Sculpin in bottles. They said yesterday it was "going fast". No doubt.