Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bottle Share - Downtown Toronto

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cveerman

Bottle Share - Downtown Toronto

Post by cveerman »

I lived in San Diego and we often had bottle shares through friends involved in the beer community. It was a great time meeting people with killer cellars that like to share with other freaks who appreciate.

If you guys are interested in sharing something cool (not available in the lcbo in the last year++), i'll inquire into my condo party room beside union station.

Happy New Years Freaks!

momnhops

Post by momnhops »

Toronto Bottle Share launched earlier this year .. details here: http://torontobottleshare.com/

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

There are a few of us that regularly get together for tastings with non-LCBO stuff, but we usually try to keep it at 5-6 people max (so everyone gets a solid pour). If you're interested, shoot me a note and I'll see if we have space at one in the near future (all of the tastings take place in the downtown core).

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

liamt07 wrote:There are a few of us that regularly get together for tastings with non-LCBO stuff, but we usually try to keep it at 5-6 people max (so everyone gets a solid pour). If you're interested, shoot me a note and I'll see if we have space at one in the near future (all of the tastings take place in the downtown core).
This.

Shoot either of us a message, small group is better...this way the glass isn't 98% air

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

liamt07 wrote:There are a few of us that regularly get together for tastings with non-LCBO stuff, but we usually try to keep it at 5-6 people max (so everyone gets a solid pour). If you're interested, shoot me a note and I'll see if we have space at one in the near future (all of the tastings take place in the downtown core).
Which reminds me yet again that we need to get a tasting organized in the new year. It's been way too long.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

maybe we will even get to meet

wilco

Post by wilco »

I'm one of the organizers for Toronto Bottle Share. Feel free to shoot me a PM or email me at torontobottleshare@gmail.com. We're always happy to have new members!

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Which reminds me yet again that we need to get a tasting organized in the new year. It's been way too long.
You got it man. Hit me or Pino up and let's slay some whalez in the new year.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

So are my bottles or vera mae and anna welcome or not? :P
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

sprague11 wrote:So are my bottles or vera mae and anna welcome or not? :P
HF is always welcome John... :)

MetalHead

Post by MetalHead »

I'm kind of disapointed as I've tried several times to join on the http://torontobottleshare.com/ website and I never seem to receive the email confirmation. I've checked my junkmail and everything. It's a shame as I'd really like to make it out to one of these events.
Beer, not just for breakfast anymore.

wilco

Post by wilco »

MetalHead wrote:I'm kind of disapointed as I've tried several times to join on the http://torontobottleshare.com/ website and I never seem to receive the email confirmation. I've checked my junkmail and everything. It's a shame as I'd really like to make it out to one of these events.
You probably are on the mailing list, but we've just been pretty quiet for the past month or so. Send me a message with your email and I'll confirm you're on the list. The next bottle share won't be till February, but then we should be running them monthly for most of the year.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

liamt07 wrote: let's slay some whalez in the new year.
you better be bringing some good shit next week or i'm not letting you past the welcome mat. :)

#noIPAs

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

atomeyes wrote:
liamt07 wrote: let's slay some whalez in the new year.
you better be bringing some good shit next week or i'm not letting you past the welcome mat. :)

#noIPAs
Shoot, I was going to bring a three year Grand River Curmudgeon vertical that's been sitting in my closet since last fall...

Guess I'll hafta think of something else to bring ;)