Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2012 Winter Craft Seasonal Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

mintjellie wrote:I'll believe in Samichlaus when I see him.
true, true.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Wheatsheaf wrote: (LCBO website) lists it at $13.60
I just bought a sixer last night and it was $13.60, so I'm guessing the $16.50 listing is wrong. Seems strange that this has arrived before Halloween when its slated for the Winter Release. But I can't say that's a bad thing. :)
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

is there a date on the yellow snow bottles?
cratez wrote:
Wheatsheaf wrote: (LCBO website) lists it at $13.60
I just bought a sixer last night and it was $13.60, so I'm guessing the $16.50 listing is wrong. Seems strange that this has arrived before Halloween when its slated for the Winter Release. But I can't say that's a bad thing. :)

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

13.60 a six for yellow snow is correct, i picked up 12 last week.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

so these beers mentioned in the 'coming soon to lcbo' thread are not part of this release? (I realize some of these are at the lcbo now)

Deus Brut Des Flanders
St. Feuillien Grand Cru
Abbey Des Rocs Grand Cr
Rochefort 8
Rochefort 10
Kwak

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Kish84 wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:
Kish84 wrote:Didn't the LCBO have issues with the Samichlaus?
That it's like a million percent? I thought it was just a no show last year.
I believe it was a Social Responsibility issue as kids would want it because Santa's on the bottle.

Some googling got me this link.
That is dumb.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

spinrsx wrote:is there a date on the yellow snow bottles?
The ones I have all say J1512 in the lower left corner of the bottle's label. Not sure if that's the date code or not!

fridadiego

Post by fridadiego »

Deus and Kwak at least are available now.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

groulxsome wrote: The ones I have all say J1512 in the lower left corner of the bottle's label. Not sure if that's the date code or not!
Yeah, which as far as I know means September 15th of this year. So a little over 5 weeks old.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Looking forward to the stuff I've never had......Erdinger, Box Steam, Renaissance etc.

The Samichlaus has grown on me in the last couple of years. Especially with some age on it. I've publicaly shit on Schloss Eggenberg on BT in the past, but I've had some 3-5 year old Samichlaus that has made me eat my hat.

Hebrew Jewbelation......loved the 7-11 year editions that we got out west as part of the annual gift packs, but I find it damn hard to choke down anything past 12 (and I've had original 12-15's, non gift pack recreations). Booze with no reward. However, I'm willing to sit on them for a few years and reserve judgement.

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

Quite a few I'd like to try, though its unlikely that many of them will make it to Northwestern Ontario... There's a few I will definitely be trying to seek out!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Samichlaus! That stuff ages well like all Eggenberg beers.

The Santa picture looks more like a mediaeval fisherman or a shepherd than our idea of Santa. Idiotic concern.
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

thanks!
groulxsome wrote:
spinrsx wrote:is there a date on the yellow snow bottles?
The ones I have all say J1512 in the lower left corner of the bottle's label. Not sure if that's the date code or not!

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Picked up the He'Brew Jewbelation 16 in Rochester last weekend and having it now with JB84. Should have let it age, its a mess, struggling to finish this.

I think some aging would do this well, but right now, its sweet, boozy, lots of dry fruit, and a bitterness I do not like.

That being said I will still buy another bottle to age.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I don't understand how a small amount of Rogue Yellow snow was in stores a few weeks ago.. and now there's none to be had.