Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Castro's Lounge.

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Maudite

Post by Maudite »

I brought some friends in this past weekend. Assim thanks for the wicked beers that you carry at your establishment. I had some Delirium (For the 1st time) and of course the McAuslan Oatmeal stout. Now, If only I could convince him to put one of my beers on tap. HA! Assim, my friends are most impressed with your place. Being a Beacher, I promise when friends want to hang out in the Beach I will only bring them to your place. Note: His staff kicks ass!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maudite on 2003-03-09 13:22 ]</font>

Tar Bowel

Post by Tar Bowel »

Okay Maudite, Now I'm going to ask you to put all your Bizzzaro fetishes about my existence aside (Maybe cut down drinking on those Fin du monde three litres with a bendy straw).

Asim probably never checked out my question in the "IWhat's in your beer fridge" section so I'll ask you.

What's currently on tap (If you can recall) down at Castros? I was thinking about digging myself out of my dark cavern I've been hibernating in (Someone stop the snow!), and I was hoping that maybe something different would be the exact motivation I need.

Well I guess if any Bartoweler who's made it down on a recent voyage could give me a heads up that would be great.

-Chin Chin

Asim Ozses

Post by Asim Ozses »

As for "what's on tap @ Castro's" it's always changing. At this moment we have Fullers ESB & Porter, Pschorr Weiss, KLB Framboise, Warsteiner, Wellington County Ale and a few other good beers. I am debating on King Pilsner. No Molbat except for "Labatt Cinquante" for St. J.Babtiste.Any suggestions?
Cheers!!

Tar Bowel

Post by Tar Bowel »

mMmm sounds good. Okay you convinced me to come down! ( That was really hard)

Well here are some beers that excite me when I see them on draft.

Camerons Auburn Ale is great, when you happen upon it.( They have a lager too but I'm not sure if it's available on draft)

Black Katt. I love it down at Joes, It's a favorite stout mmm (Mac Auslin Oatmeal is really nice as well)

I had Blanche de Chambly down at The Only earlier this year for the first time, It's excellent on draft, but I think the rep drinks too much of his own product and posts on this site.

Um...Black Oak Pale is nice, so is their Nut.

Church Key Holy Smoke is good, but I love theur Rosemary beer! It just a seasonal though. Oh God I could'nt stop myself down at C'est What last year with those.

The last time I was in your joint I had the Duckstein on tap. It was allright, but I was hoping more from it.

I'm all about the micros (Well most of the time) They're the Dudes on the frontline on the battle against bad corperate domestic beer. They do it for the love of doing it. And are the odds ever against them or what.

Thanks Asim, be down this week-end with some friends.

Chin Chin

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Assim, you could have Sgt. Major's IPA, the hoppiest and bitterest beer brewed in Ontario... :smile:(shameless plug!)or wait until May and get Corporal Punishment!Cheers!
Perry

Asim Ozses

Post by Asim Ozses »

Mason,
I'd love to give your beers a try. Just how do I get them? If you do your own deliveries, send down a couple kegs.
Call to confirm delivery.
Castro's Lounge
2116 Queen Steet East, Toronto
M4E 1E2
416 699 8272

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Asim,

Put Sgt.Major's on tap and I'll be in for dinner quicker than you can connect the keg.

Let us know if this happens okay?

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Jon, I gratefully received an order from Assim for the Sgt. Major's IPA today and will deliver it tomorrow afternoon (friday). It's ver fresh, having just been kegged today!
Hope you enjoy it!

Asim Ozses

Post by Asim Ozses »

Thanks for the Sgt. Major's PRMason. I already tapped into it. What a great beer. If all your beers are as good as that you've got a regular customer.
A.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Thanks Assim!! I am always a little apprehensive when a new client gets his first keg. Whew...glad you like it.
The next ale in the line-up will be brewed at the end of this month. It will be a "bitter Scotch Ale", quite red/brown with a substantial amount of hops in the mouth and in the nose.
Cheers!
Perry

barfly

Post by barfly »

asim
fed up with being repedidly being ripped off
bye your staff
they are not attractive enough to deserve a 10$ sir charge just to come in
3 on the table is always 4 on the bill
sitting around the table
3 people are cash and cary and four are questioning there bill
enough is enough
Please act asim ,as we all love castro's

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

"barfly"...

Your complaints would probably hold more weight if you learned some basic grammar and sentence structure. I've read your message three times, and I'm still not sure what you're trying to complain about - i.e. how exactly were you ripped off at Castro's, and what does 3 people vs. 4 people at the table have to do with it?

You may also be taken more seriously if you chose to identify yourself by name rather than hiding behind an alias.

Cass, perhaps you should consider enforcing a "identify yourself in your first post to the forum" rule to help weed out yahoos like this.

Greg

barfly

Post by barfly »

Asim sorry for making this public
any questions please respond to

bisram2003@yahoo.com

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

Maybe people should just learn to sober up before posting.

DON'T DRINK AND POST

BeerKitt'n

Post by BeerKitt'n »

Castro's Lounge sounds great... I'll definitely have to make a trip down there and check it out... is there a patio? Patios are definitely where it's at.
Oh and a really great beer is St. Ambroise Apricot Wheat (I think it's St. Ambroise who makes it)... mmm.... So good.

cheers
BeerKitt'n