Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Breweries

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Has anyone heard what the status of the Port of Whitby and Simcoe Steam breweries is? Have they started brewing yet? Will they be at the Toronto Festival of Beer?

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Simcoe Steam is scheduled to open in the fall of '03. I might drop by this weekend to get an update. Port of Whitby's website doesn't say anything...but they list some emails. I would be surprised if they were open for a couple of reasons - firstly because at last check they did not have a site and they still don't list an address on their site. Second, because they were supposed to email me when they got close to opening so I could go out there and pay them a visit.